Thank you for checking out our ultimate guide to dentures! If you’re on a quest to reclaim your radiant smile and embrace a confident new you, you’ve come to the right place. In this educational guide, our Oklahoma City dental professionals are diving into everything you need to know about dentures, including affordable and implant-supported options.
We’ve outlined ten things you should know about dentures, the process, and what to expect. Hopefully, this helpful guide is a great place to start learning and instills confidence as you consider dentures as a solution for yourself or a family member. Let’s get started learning together!
1. Dentures Are a Solution for a New Smile
Dentures may be a path to new teeth that allow you to look good, feel good, and chew good! Our remarkable prosthetic devices are tailor-made to replace missing teeth and surrounding tissues. Dentures are available at Cobblestone Park Family Dental in various types: full and partial dentures, immediate dentures, and implant-retained dentures. They are carefully crafted to fit snugly in your mouth, allowing you to restore the joys of eating, speaking, and laughing wholeheartedly.
We understand tooth loss can be difficult, even devastating and confusing for people. While you may hear the word “dentures” and think they aren’t for you because of your age, stage of life, lifestyle, or other reasons, they don’t have to be a hopeless choice. If your provider or a friend recommends looking into dentures, don’t write it off. It might be an ideal solution for you.
2. Embrace Affordability without Compromise
At our clinic, affordability should never hinder your dream smile or the ability to eat. We take pride in offering affordable denture options without compromising quality or aesthetics. We work with clients with and without insurance and are happy to talk with you about options for payments. Dentures and denture types come in all price levels that are frequently able to be upgraded.
Our dedicated dentists and specialty labs believe you can confidently invest in a beautiful smile that doesn’t break the bank! Learn more about our monthly preventative care plan for patients without dental insurance.
3. Demand the Perfect Removable Provider
Choosing the right dental office is pivotal in your tooth restoration journey. Seek out clinics, like ours, with experienced denture specialists who prioritize your comfort and satisfaction. As it can take many details to accomplish your tooth replacement journey, finding a provider you can be open and honest with is critical. This is your chance to design and receive your new smile.
If you are looking for a dentist to help with your dentures in Oklahoma City, of course, we would love to help you, but whoever you work with should be an experienced dental practice you trust. Don’t hesitate to read reviews from other satisfied patients, and make sure the clinic’s atmosphere is warm and inviting. A caring and welcoming environment can make all the difference in crafting your perfect smile!
4. Meet the Smile Architects – Denture Specialists
Behind every stunning denture is a smile architect; at least, that’s how you can think of the dentist and dental assistants who help you. These professionals are more than just experts; they will be your encouragers and partner throughout the denture process. It can be an adjustment utilizing your new prosthesis.
You can expect your dentist and their team to take a digital scan of your mouth, ensuring the best fit possible. A list of what you do and don’t like in your current smile or pictures of smiles you like can also be helpful. They’ll guide you throughout your journey, providing compassionate support and making your denture experience delightful. If you don’t already have a dentist in Oklahoma City, we’d love to help. Contact us today to make an appointment.
5. Implant-Supported Dentures – A Stellar Choice
If you’re seeking the ultimate solution for denture stability, an implant-supported denture may be ideal for you! These are anchored to dental implants surgically placed in your jaw. The result? Unparalleled strength, comfort, and confidence in your smile! While implant-supported dentures may involve a higher initial investment, the long-term benefits of the fit and maintaining the bone integrity will leave you beaming for the rest of your chewing days!
6. Denture Types – Unraveling Your Options
Dentures come in various styles, each catering to unique needs and preferences. Our dentists will work with you to discover the perfect fit for your one-of-a-kind smile. Here’s a glimpse into the different types of dentures available:
- Complete Dentures: Ideal for those with no remaining natural teeth, full dentures replace an entire set of upper or lower teeth, providing you with a radiant smile and boosting your confidence. They also restore the ability to chew your food aiding in proper digestion and nutrition.
- Partial Dentures: When you have some missing teeth but retain some natural ones, partial dentures can come to the rescue. These dentures attach securely to your remaining teeth, seamlessly blending with your smile to restore function and fill empty spaces. At the same time, our dentists will help you create a plan to keep your remaining teeth healthy and strong.
- Overdentures: These fit over your natural teeth or dental implants to increase enhanced stability while maintaining your jawbone.
- Implant-Supported Dentures: These dentures are attached to dental implants with screws or plates, offering the best stability, comfort, and chewing efficiency.
7. The Denture Fitting Process Unveiled
Having your dentures fitted can be an exciting process with the right provider. Be prepared for the meticulous process that can sometimes take a few visits to ensure you end up with the prosthesis you desire. Here’s an overview of the denture fitting process:
Initial Dentures Consultation
During your first visit, our dentist and their team will gather essential information, including your dental history and X-rays. This comprehensive examination helps us determine the best denture options for your needs.
Impressions or Scans and Measurements
We take impressions or digital scans of your gums and any remaining teeth to craft dentures that fit like your anatomy. These measures ensure your dentures are tailored to fit your unique mouth shape.
Before the final dentures are crafted, you’ll have the opportunity to try on trial dentures. This enables us to make any necessary adjustments for optimal comfort and aesthetics, such as the color and size of the teeth.
Once your custom dentures are ready, we schedule your final fitting. Our specialists ensure the dentures look natural and fit comfortably in your mouth.
Post Operative Adjustments
You may have your new smile and are happily eating, but our providers are still here for you. Often following adjustments, post op care is needed as you begin to live with your new prosthesis. These visits are included.
After receiving your dentures, routine follow-up appointments are vital to monitor the health of gum tissues, your tongue, dental implants, or any remaining teeth, adjust as needed, and address any concerns. We will also celebrate your successes. At these visits, our dentists can professionally clean and adjust your prosthesis for optimal fit. The team at our office in north Oklahoma City knows that your teeth make a huge difference in confidence and overall health, and regular checkups help us ensure your new teeth are just right.
8. The Benefits of Dentures
Beyond restoring your beautiful smile, dentures offer an array of incredible benefits that enrich your life in numerous ways. Here are some of the advantages you’ll enjoy with your new dentures:
- Improved Digestion, Nutrition and Speech: With dentures, you can chew your favorite food as you should to improve digestion and nutrition, and you can engage in conversations with clarity, leading to a more enjoyable and fulfilling social life.
- Preservation of Facial Structure: Missing teeth can change your facial structure. Dentures provide support, helping to maintain the natural contours of your face, diminishing wrinkles and sunken appearances.
- Boosted Self-Confidence: With a confident smile, you’ll exude self-assurance in every aspect of your life, making you feel more empowered and ready to conquer the world.
- Oral Health Enhancement: Balancing your bite can help prevent bone loss, decrease premature tooth loss, and enhance your overall health.
9. Overcoming Denture Challenges
As with any new experience, adjusting to dentures might present a few challenges initially. We’re here to support you through this transition with helpful tips and advice. Here are some common challenges you might encounter and how to overcome them:
- Sore Spots: In the first few days of wearing dentures, you may experience sore spots on your gums. Don’t worry; our denture specialists can make adjustments to alleviate discomfort and ensure a perfect fit.
- Speech Difficulties: Speaking with dentures may take some practice. Reading aloud and conversing with loved ones can help you regain confidence and clarity in no time.
- Denture Slippage: Occasional slippage can occur as the dynamic oral environment changes as you age and function. This is normal as your mouth adapts to the new appliance with time. Chairside adjustments or relines (or lab-assisted relines) are periodically needed.
- Changes in Taste: Some individuals notice slight differences in their sense of taste when wearing dentures.
10. A Lifetime of Beautiful Smiles
We hope this journey of learning about dentures has been informative, exciting, and, most of all, reassuring. Remember, our team of caring dentists and dental hygienists in Oklahoma City utilize many denture options to ensure you’re well on your way to a lifetime of beautiful smiles and renewed confidence.
Ready to take the next step? Contact us today to schedule a consultation with our team. We can’t wait to help you achieve the smile you’ve always dreamed of!